Oh me oh my, what a bumper week this has been! When I count up how many estimated days work I got done it ends up about 2 weeks work! Crazy!
So let’s see what got done!
Department Store and Online
- The process for registering your town online, which allows you to begin uploading and downloading creations, was added to the game.
- Player creations now store a small history of all the users involved in the creation
- The upload UI for players’ stores got cleaned up
- You can no longer upload a creation to your store that you haven’t made yourself.
- Added a new special villager with custom animations that works away on houses while they’re under construction
- Villagers now give up going somewhere if they can’t get there, instead of getting stuck and trying forever
- Villagers now properly check if they can get somewhere and as a result get stuck less
- Villagers that are stationary cause other villagers to go around them now, instead of running into each other
- Fixed a bug where trying to pick a piece of furniture that can be interacted with caused interaction instead of pickup
- Added a wiggle to furniture while you’re holding the interact button to give feedback showing you’ll be picking up that item instead
- Refined the placement mode for furniture, fixing annoying bugs, and adding some nicer looking interfaces for rotation, as well as a lean on items as you move them around
Bits and Bobs
- Train station got hooked up so its lights come on at night, with a nice little warm glow around them
- The sky colour is now set by the time of day and weather
- The logs got a texture and aren’t just flat brown any more
- Customization of your avatar now costs money, and extra dialog functions were added to enable this
- The building customization UI now shows the correct thumbnails for the materials chosen for the roof and walls
- Thumbnails for exterior wall and roof patterns look nicer
- Fixed a bug where you could pick any item to use as roof or wall patterns
- You can now use a shovel to dig up tree stumps
- You can now use a shovel to remove gardening plots
- Levels got “no go areas” added to them, stopping villagers from walking to weird places
- There’s an indicator now in the Design Tool to show you what the “front” of the item is
- User created content is handled in a better way that should reduce loading times between levels