Here’s what got done this week!
The fishing mini game got a lot of love. Including a new 3D interface. Almost the entire game got a re-write and it now works a heck-of-a-lot better!
There’s also now a random chance a chest will show up while fishing, and if you collect it, you get a random prize!
The camera zooms slightly now when you get a bite on the line, adding a little more suspense to the experience
- Weather types now have weights so they can be more or less common (it was randomly always raining in the game, so I made rain less common)
- Click input has been removed for general navigation and interaction. In an effort to make things simpler and more stable for release I removed click-to-move and click-to-interact; these are now keyboard only.
- If you hold the interact key while using items like the axe or pickaxe you’ll keep swinging; previously you needed to press the key each time you wanted to swing
- All the equipment got first-pass proper meshes in.
- I made tweaks to fishing game as well as the furniture designer so that your mouse cursor doesn’t leave the game when you’re frantically clicking or dragging things around
- I made defining what a plant should look like at each stage of its life easier and more flexible to allow for faster iteration later.
- I added a watermelon
- I added “sick” versions of the plant stages for all existing plants, so now they look unhappy when you’ve not been watering them.
- The mailbox got a proper mesh instead of just a floating white cube